words, glorious words

One thing I love, if you haven't noticed, is words! The English language in general (and other languages as well, to a lesser extent) is fascinating. I love to read, and write, and I really like etymology. I am maybe a little bit obsessed.

Anyway, my friend Sam posted up a link to a word-related-site that I absolutely have to share with you: podictionary. It contains word-trivia in written and podcast form. Fabulous.

And through that I found another site: Wordnik. It has words, definitions, etymology, quotes, and graphs showing usage over time. That's pretty cool. The information seems incomplete for a bunch of words, but I really like the idea and the way its executed.

Check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Start With, Quotes

panem et circenses

2022 Booklist