"He asked her to marry him. She giggled, "okay!" Perhaps before realising that he was serious, or that he truly loves her"
- BJE May's engagement story
"Some people die, just dreaming of the outside world"
- Cuban resident on imprisoned defectors, from Frankie
"Love is made of differences and suffering and apartness, and of the struggle to overcome this apartness."
- Anais Nin, 'The All-Seeing' from Under a Glass Bell
The lampshade is torn
it lets the light spill out
pure and sharp.
"You'll be right there beside me when I do it."
"Don't do it for me"
- Overheard, a couple in a dark alley
"You've seen my show more times than I've performed it
You may not think I'm splendid anymore"- Pat singing song by his friend Andre
"We dream more, change our minds more often and are in love with the little possibilities available to us."
"Do I identify with Gen Y? Yeah I do! Because I am a fan of it on facebook."
- From Katie Vogel, 'Y', ArtXpress work 2010