top picks of 2010

Author discovery of the year: Marilynne Robinson! I would be happy to go out and just read anything by her. Other notable authors I read for the first time this year were Kate Griffin and Anais Nin.


Top 10 books read last year (not in order):


Wolf Hall - Hilary Mantel
Scott Pilgrim series - Bryan Lee O'Malley
Mrs Dalloway - Virginia Woolf
The Changeover - Margeret Mahy
The City and the City - China Mieville
The Summer Book - Tove Jansson
The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie - Alan Bradley
The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet- David Mitchell
A Madness of Angels - Kate Griffin
Home- Marilynne Robinson


I feel like it's cheating to pick 10, since that makes up such a large proportion of books read. But it was still hard to pick. Honourable mentions to The Piper's Son- Melina Marchetta, Housekeeping- Marilynne Robinson, Under a Glass Bell- Anais Nin, The House of Mirth- Edith Wharton, The Knife of Never Letting Go and The Hunger Games... I could go on, but I have to stop somewhere. This is a sign of the high calibre of books read in 2010 I think.


Least favourite book: The Slap - Christos Tsiolkas


Favourite books of 2010 anyone? I could do with some recommendations for 2011!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Start With, Quotes

panem et circenses

2023 Booklist