on egypt

Last year I wrote about reading The Map of Love by Ahdaf Soueif, and how relevant it felt reading about Egypt's history in light of the Tahrir Square demonstrations and the revolution that was happening. I wondered how Ahdaf Soueif would feel about it, and whether she would write her book differently if she was writing today. Well, apparently she's written a new book about the revolution in Cairo (in which she was involved), and there are what I think are extracts from that book in the Guardian here. It's a very personal account of Egypt and revolution, interesting to read as Egypt's new Government holds its inaugral session, although the extracts end before the elections.


And my reading around the world posts will come soon! I hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Start With, Quotes

panem et circenses

2023 Booklist